Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Preening friend

During my last birding walk at the coclesian savannas of Penonome, I found this Eastern Meadowlark perched on a fence post. He did not care much about me since he continued with his daily duties... singing, preening, enjoying the view at the top of his world.
I know they are pretty common... but they are also pretty attractive too and their songs really are THE sounds of these fields.
So, take your time to appreciate these little friends... you can get surprised!
This post was submitted to Bird Photography Weekly #113, check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jan, I love Meadowlarks! I enjoy the Western Meadowlark here in California. They are very colorful but he thing I like the best is the way they sing to you from their post as you drive by. What an incredible song they sing too!

    ReplyDelete