Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Coastal Beltway

Last sunny evening (y'day), I went with Gloriela to the recently opened Coastal Beltway (Cinta Costera). Independently of the controversies, I can't deny that this work has changed the aspect of the city. Is supposed that it will guarantee an efficient solution to the traffic jam on Balboa Avenue but, as you can see in the photo, I think the new four-lane highway soon will not be sufficient. What really I admire is the opening of the public green areas, as well as recreative and cultural areas. We enjoyed seeing families having a walk, people jogging and kids playing basketball along the way. And what about the birds? Despite I only spent 30 minutes, I saw several flycatchers, the omnipresent grackles, a pair of Ruddy Ground-Doves, a female Sporophila seedeater, two Saffron Finches and, of course, all those birds you expect from the mudflats around the Intercontinental Hotel and the Yatch Club (low tide). Let's wait for the migration.

2 comments: