Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
- Sooty-headed Wren Pheugopedius spadix
- Black-throated Wren Pheugopedius atrogularis
- Black-bellied Wren Pheugopedius fasciatoventris
- Rufous-breasted Wren Pheugopedius rutilus
- Rufous-and-white Wren Thryophilus rufalbus
- Stripe-throated Wren Cantorchilus leucopogon
- Stripe-breasted Wren Cantorchilus thoracicus
- Bay Wren Cantorchilus nigricapillus
- Riverside Wren Cantorchilus semibadius
- Buff-breasted Wren Cantorchilus leucotis
- Plain Wren Cantorchilus modestus (including zeledoni)
The other change affecting the Panama list is the recognition of the Common Gallinule (Gallinula galeata) as a full species. The differences in bill and shield shape and color are consistent with the species rank within this group. Now the Common Moorhen is restricted to the Old World.
I already included the changes in my Life List, and you?
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
The other three species are the Amazonian Motmot, Momotus momota (MI and MO at the map); the Highland (Andean) Motmot, Momotus aequatorialis (AQ at the map); and the Trinidad Motmot, Momotus bahamensis (BA at the map).
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
P.D.: if you want to know what fate had in store for us the evening of that same day, you must read Birding Boquete: Part II.